Mandatory Credit: Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports
The road to the Super Bowl could very well pass through Chicago. That’s not a typo, Bears fans. The 2014 NFC Playoff Picture will be influenced by the Chicago Bears.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
Don’t worry if you’ve already made other January plans, Bears fans. You won’t miss any Bears playoff games. The way the Bears will have an impact on the NFC playoffs is as the role of spoiler the next three weeks.
The Bears have nearly 38% of their home games over the next three weeks and they’ll face three teams in the thick of a playoff race. A scheduling fluke loads the back end of the Bears schedule with December home games including a pair of back-to-back prime time dates. The Bears will face the Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints and the Detroit Lions at Soldier Field the next three weeks. All of these teams are jockeying to get into the playoffs. Let’s look at each of the playoff contenders on the Bears’ slate: