Notes On Ryan Pace’s Introductory Presser
Ryan Pace was introduced as general manager of the Bears today. While watching him speak, I got the feeling that he’s legitimately excited to be here. Here’s what you need to know.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
- Pace believes in building the roster through the draft. He believes himself to be an excellent talent evaluator.
- Right now, his major focus is finding the right coach to lead the team. Pace is a big believer in coaches that can get the most out of their players. (Todd Bowles)
- When asked about Jay Cutler, Pace said he wanted to get to know Jay Cutler before making any kind of personnel decisions.
- Pace will oversee all football operations. (This isn’t anything special, Emery was promised full control as well.)
- Acknowledged that he’ll have to lean on Cliff Stein. Knows salary cap issues aren’t his strength.
- According to McCaskey, Pace’s deal is five years.
- Says Bears job is a dream for him. Wife is from Chicago. Says his family are mostly Bears fans.
- Pace says he knows his job performance is based on wins and losses.
Next: Who is New Chicago Bears GM Ryan Pace?
What do you think of the hire? Are you concerned about his lack of experience or his age? Is this a sign of change at Halas Hall or more of the same?