Chicago Bears Playoffs: Let’s Pump the Brakes on Playoff Talk
The Bears are now 4-5 and firmly in the middle of the pack of NFC teams. Here are the current NFC Standings:
There are six teams clumped together with 4-5 records, but the Bears sit at the bottom of that list by virtue of their 1-5 conference record. They lose a tiebreaker to the Seahawks thanks to an earlier drubbing this season. The Bears are currently in third place in the NFC North behind the surging Vikings (7-2) and the slumping 6-3 Packers.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
The 6-3 Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers would be the Wild Card teams if the season ended today. The Bears would have to make up two games in the loss column just to pull even with either of those teams. Sure, both the Falcons and Packers are slumping, losers of two and three straight respectively. Not only would they have to make up games against those teams, but they’d have to overtake all the other teams they’re tied up with. I’m not saying it’s impossible. Let’s focus on what the Bears can do and worry about the other teams later.
Next: The Schedule