A few quick bullet point highlights on Day 5 of Chicago Bears training camp.
Just a few notes with the highlights from the fifth day of Chicago bears training camp practice:
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
- Kyle Long continues to be sidelined with the calf injury.
- Eddie Royal was carted off the field shortly after the start of practice. He suffered a concussion and is now in the NFL’s concussion protocol.
- Royal joins tight end Zach Miller, who skipped practice today after some late onset concussion symptoms following Sunday’s practice.
- Speaking of injured tight ends, undrafted free agent Ben Braunecker was spotted in a walking boot after practice. With a shaky tight end group, many thought Braunecker might have an opportunity to contribute.
- Cornerback Kyle Fuller was limited at practice with an ankle injury.
- Outside linebacker Leonard Floyd was limited with a shoulder injury. This comes after being “full go” for one day following an illness at the start of camp. It’s been a little rough for the rookie thus far.
- There were a few scuffles as the heat is apparently getting to some folks:
- Ted Larsen is getting a reputation as a bit of a red ass. He’s had three fights in five practices.
- The dust-ups didn’t stop there:
- It’s good to see the Bears getting physical and getting an edge. Head coach John Fox says “”are part of football, but sometimes they’re a waste of energy.”
- Nice catches of the day go to Kevin White, Ka’Deem Carey and of course, fan favorite Daniel Braverman. Where do I get my Braverman shersey?
The Bears take a day off on Tuesday (yes, seriously) and get back after it on Wednesday. Believe it or not, they’ve already completed HALF of the Bourbonnais portion of training camp.