Is Bears head coach best opening?
3. Detroit Lions
The argument for the Lions is easy. They have a quarterback, Matthew Stafford locked up for the long term. Nobody knows of the status of Jim Bob Cooter, but if he could stay on board, it would make the job even more attractive to some. Still, when it comes down to it, the Lions are probably going to have to find an answer on defense, because they do not have one right now.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
Their defense fell apart when Haloti Ngata went down. He is not getting younger. The have to make decisions on Ziggy Ansah and have to fill out their offensive line and find a running game as well. The past few years it has been the depth of the Lions, not the coaching that has let them down so often. Stafford is making a lot of money, and it will handicap how much leverage they have to turn the team around quickly. This team needs to find a way to identify talent and keep it on the team, until then, it is not that desirable.