Chicago Bears Draft Scout: Michael Gallup
A lot of people want the Chicago Bears to go for Calvin Ridley early in the NFL draft. There is no guarantee that Ridley ends up being up better than Michael Gallup. Gallup is younger and bigger than Ridley and can run routes just about as well. The only difference is the logo of school.
Gallup took a different path to get here, but if that means getting him two or three rounds later, that is a bargain. The Bears should wait on a wide receiver and find a guy like Gallup to turn into a reliable wide receiver for the Bears.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
The downside of taking Gallup is his questionable speed. Dontrelle Inman and Cameron Meredith are more of the possession type of receivers. They need a downfield threat. A Desean Jackson type of player. Is James Washington a better fit in this area than Gallup? Potentially. Still, this team has to have their eyes on Gallup as they move forward to the combine.