Chicago Bears Draft Scout: Cedrick Wilson
A fit for Chicago Bears
The question now becomes, how does Wilson fit, and when does Wilson fit into the Bears draft plans. In terms of how, Wilson is an
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
excellent fit for the Chicago Bears. The thing about Cameron Meredith and Kendall Wright, the top two Bears wide receivers on paper at this moment, is that both excel in the short passing game. Meredith has size, but is strong in the possession game and getting open near the ball. Wilson has a similar size to Meredith, but a completely different skill set. Wilson will be the one on the other side of the field demanding safety respect and freeing up the underneath for the other receivers. Think of Golden Tate and T.J. Jones always having space in their short passes because of the threat of Marvin Jones. This is what Cedrick Wilson brings.
He would be an excellent fit with the Chicago Bears. The question is at what round? His lack of overall ability and his ability to fit into the NFL as a role player may get him to drop into the middle rounds. There, he would be a great pick for the Bears.