Chicago Bears Draft Scout: Hercules Mata’afa
A fit for Chicago Bears
Hercules Mata’afa would actually be a very interesting fit for the Bears. With Leonard Floyd, and the versatility he brings to the passing game combined with the versatility that Mata’afa brings in the running game, there could be a great dynamic between the two. As mentioned, Mata’afa brings the threat of dropping into coverage as well. With the versatility between the two of them, there is a variety of formations that the Chicago Bears could show. It would be similar to Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks back when Vic Fangio was a defensive coordinator for the San Fransisco 49ers.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
Due to the questions about how his skills transfer, Mata’afa is going to dip low onto some draft boards. If he shows up to the NFL combine a bit undersized, it would be tough to give him a first-round lock for some teams. He could end up as a top ten player from this draft class. However, he could end up as the Chicago Bears second-round pick due to the projection label. If the Bears did wait on a pass rusher and pull the trigger in the second round, Mata’afa is the guy to look for.