Chicago Bears draft scout: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Sam Acho Chicago Bears
The Chicago Bears have a decision to make when it comes to Sam Acho this offseason regarding his contract. They may be able to find a younger, cheaper version of the Bears pass rusher with Ogbonnia Okoronkwo. Okoronkwo, coming from the Big 12 wins more with his willpower than his skill power. He makes the hustle plays and will always be an asset on special teams. Acho is bigger than Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, but he can fill in for the same role by next season. He can even see the field on obvious pass rushing situations, Acho did have three sacks last season.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
Fit for Chicago
Given his comparison in role as a rookie to Sam Acho, it is obvious that he would be a fit for the Bears. If the team is unable to find a pass rusher early, they will certainly be addressing that position later. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo is nice depth with the upside to be a legitimate pass rusher in the NFL. It fills a need at a position that is relying on journeymen to help fill out the depth. If he can learn to use his length more he can get starter snaps and would be a great fit for the defense moving forward.