Chicago Bears Draft Scout: Lorenzo Carter
A fit for the Chicago Bears
Before the combine, Lorenzo Carter would have been a great mid round project for the team to take on. He has tremendous upside, and his ability in space can rival Leonard Floyd, another Georgia Bull Dog. He could be a special teams demon who would have been able to rotate in at multiple spots, making the defense more versatile. With an added ceiling of a starter, he is the perfect mid round shot.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
However, with a strong combine, Carter is going to shoot himself into late first, early second round consideration. It is going to make it a much tougher question for the team. How much could they deal with the struggles as a pass rusher while they wait for him to grow into his upside?
They would really need Carter to get on the field early if he were to fall into the second round and to the Bears spot. He does not bring enough yet as a pass rusher to put in major snaps as a starter, so finding value in him in space and in drawn up blitzes will need to be in mind before going all-in on his potential upside.