Chicago Bears Draft Scout: Kolton Miller
A fit for Chicago
After a strong combine there has been talk about Miller going in the first round. However, there will be real questions about him being a left or right tackle. Teams are starting to value right tackles more in the NFL, with the understanding that Von Miller and many others face off against right tackles.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
However, there is a question as to if a team will take a projectable right tackle in the first round. This could leave the Bears debating high upside at right tackle in round two. Do the Bears make the move?
The answer would likely be yes. They are trying to move on from Bobby Massie before Charles Leno as it is. Miller could be starting next year and freeing space for the Bears to extend some of their own later in the offseason.
There is a good chance that he will be the best player available by the Bears second round pick, so the real question will be whether or not he would be there.