Ranking the Rooms: NFC North Tight Ends
3. Chicago Bears- Trey Burton, Dion Sims, Adam Shaheen
The Chicago Bears are working hard to make progress in their tight end room. It looks like it should take a step forward on paper. However, right now a lot of what this group can do is all based on projection.
Dion Sims is the proven player and also the player with no ceiling. He is what he is. He is a pretty solid blocker and an average to below average pass-catching option.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
Adam Shaheen and Trey Burton give this room so upside worth getting into, but neither has shown anything. Trey Burton has spent his career as a third tight end. He is a former quarterback and a project and while he has made strides at tight end, there is a lot of projection in his salary.
Then, there is Adam Shaheen. Shaheen had a strong rookie season that seemed to be held back by his coaching. Nonetheless, he comes into year two a much better blocker than expected and a solid red zone target. Still, with just 3 career touchdowns he will need to prove himself this season. There is something to get excited about and Matt Nagy has plans for all three. However, we need to see it to rank it.