Ranking the Rooms: NFC North Linebackers
1. Vikings: Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Ben Gedeon, Kentrell Brothers
It would take an elite group to unseat the Chicago Bears and the Minnesota Vikings could be just that. Barr is a pass rusher/linebacker who can move around and make plays sideline to sideline. His versatility in itself provides a lot. He had a down year in 2017, but is a three-time Pro Bowler and has All-Pro upside in 2018.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
Eric Kendricks is another underrated piece in this defense. He keeps the group together in the middle, can hold up against the run in the box and from sideline to sideline. The duo is strong enough, but it appears as though they found another potential gem in Ben Gedeon. Gedeon blossomed from Michigan and had a strong rookie season.
Kentrell Brothers are entering year three and provide a group that is well rounded when it comes to depth, youth, talent, and upside. It would take a top tier unit to knock off the Chicago Bears for this spot. The Vikings could be that group.