Chicago Bears Roster Ranking: 70-66
66. Ben Braunecker
Ben Braunecker has been with the Chicago Bears for each of the past two seasons. While he has found his way onto the roster, only injuries have pushed him up beyond the practice squad.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
Now, he enters year three with more pressure than ever. The team has been adding tight ends around him left and right. All three of the recent tight end additions have come in the past two seasons and Trey Burton was brought in specifically by Matt Nagy to complete the position.
Nagy did not draft Braunecker and does have real ties to him. He is likely looking at Braunecker as an insurance piece to Adam Shaheen. They are closes match in skill set.
If Shaheen does get through camp healthy it will be interesting to see what happens. Braunecker has one more season of practice squad eligibility. However, it will be interesting to see if Nagy chooses to go with a player with more than one season of eligibility over him due to the change of direction in offense.