Chicago Bears: 5 slump candidates
1. Adrian Amos
This likely depends on your expectations of Amos. Adrian Amos has been getting a lot of praise around some of the NFL circles this offseason. It is deserved. He is a combination safety who does not miss tackles and takes great angles. He is a smart player.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
However, Pro Football Focus has him rated as the number two overall safety in the NFL. With those expectations, he may not be living up or exceeding the hype in 2018. Amos is not much a game breaker. He has just one interception in his career. While he is a great fit next to Eddie Jackson, there are some limitations to his game.
There is talk that Deon Bush may be in for a bigger role next season. This should not necessarily effect Amos. However, it is worth noting that Amos is a free agent at the end of this season. He has yet to be signed. If he is signed, there is no cause for concern. If not, it is at least something worth looking into as Amos now has the pressure of playing for some real money.