Bears vs Bills Preseason Week 4: Five Questions with BuffaLowDown
It’s the Bears vs Bills to close out what’s felt like the longest preseason in history.
The Chicago Bears host the Buffalo Bills on Thursday night to close out the preseason schedule. We know that the front line players on both sides will be sitting this one out, but the guys who do play will be fighting for a precious few roster spots.
To help us get ready for the Bears vs Bills preseason Week 4 showdown, we’ve enlisted the help of Steve Kubitza from our FanSided sister site BuffaLowDown to give us an insider’s view of the Buffalo Bills.
1. The Bills invested a high draft pick in Josh Allen but also have Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron. How does the Bills QB situation resolve itself for the regular season? Considering a lot of key players will sit out on Thursday night, which QB will the Bears see?
More from Chicago Bears News
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
The quarterback competition has been going on all summer and it is crazy to me that there isn’t a starter as of right now. If nothing is announced before the game, I’d assume that Nathan Peterman starts the season opener. He has been the best of the group statistically this preseason, whatever that is worth. That being said, I do think Josh Allen will start sometime during the season.
As for Thursday, the Bills didn’t add a fourth quarterback. I expect to see both Allen and Peterman for sure, and maybe AJ McCarron if his shoulder is deemed healthy enough to play. If not, he could even be put up in a trade before next Sunday. Hopefully no other injuries are suffered in what is supposed to be a game not featuring many starters.