Chicago Bears: 4 pass rushers to trade for
Khalil Mack- OLB, Oakland Raiders
This article was simply not going to be written without tantalizing you all with the idea of Khalil Mack coming to the Windy City.
Yes, it’s hard to imagine Mack ever leaving the organization he has helped build in Oakland, but as I write this there have been no signs that lead me to believe the relationship between Mack and Oakland is close to resolving itself.
More from Bear Goggles On
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
In fact, Jared Dubin of CBS Sports exclaims Mack may miss regular season games in order to get his money.
Look, I don’t have to sit here and tell you all about what Khalil Mack could bring to this team. The man has 40.5 sacks in his four-year career and was the 2016 Defensive Player of the Year.
The only questions the Bears should have about Mack is do we have enough assets to entice Oakland to give him up? If the Bears believe they do have what it takes to land the six-time pro bowler, will they set the precedent in terms of paying a defensive player the money he desires? That’s the real question and it will be exciting to see how it plays out.