Where do the Chicago Bears wide receivers rank in NFL power rankings?
Chicago Bears: 24th overall, 3rd in NFC North
Now, before anything else is written, I must say this: Boo! *jokingly*
Alright, now that I’m clear-minded, I must say that this seems like a low placement. I know that might seem like a “homer” statement, but the duo of Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney alone is one that should warrant a higher ranking.
There are at least two teams above the Chicago Bears that I can almost guarantee to have worse wide receiver corps. Those two teams are the Baltimore Ravens and the Atlanta Falcons.
Baltimore Ravens wide receivers
- Marquise Brown (70.1 2020 PFF Grade)
- Sammy Watkins (64.4 2020 PFF Grade)
- Miles Boykin (62.5 2020 PFF Grade)
- Rashod Bateman (Rookie) (N/A 2020 PFF Grade)
Atlanta Falcons wide receivers
- Calvin Ridley (84.9 2020 PFF Grade)
- Russell Gage (76.4 2020 PFF Grade)
- Olamide Zaccheaus (68.6 2020 PFF Grade)
- Christian Blake (51.3 2020 PFF Grade)
Chicago Bears wide receivers
- Allen Robinson II (88.4 2020 PFF Grade)
- Darnell Mooney (68.7 2020 PFF Grade)
- Damiere Byrd (61.4 2020 PFF Grade)
- Marquise Goodwin (59.6 2019* PFF Grade) *Out for 2020 season
So, based on Pro Football Focus (PFF) grades alone, the Chicago Bears have better wide receivers than the Baltimore Ravens, however, the Falcons are still slightly higher.
On paper, I see the differences, but on the field, I see Darnell Mooney being a better option than Russell Gage, and I see him being more than 0.1 of a PFF grade better than Olamide Zaccheaus; no offense, Mr. Zaccheaus.
Now, at the end of the day, these rankings aren’t a complete correlation with how the teams will play all season.
But, if we’re being honest, we all know the Chicago Bears’ wide receivers are better than the Baltimore Ravens. We don’t need a list to tell us otherwise.
Editor’s Note: The fact that the Chicago Bears are below the Baltimore Ravens negates the rest of the rankings. It is blasphemy to think that a top-eight wide receiver over the last two seasons (Allen Robinson) does not automatically put the Bears over the likes of the Ravens. Now throw in a budding player in Darnell Mooney and this wide receiver corps is being disrespected, “homerism” or not. Carry on.