Complete Chicago Bears Mock Offseason 2022: Free Agency and NFL Draft
The Chicago Bears should sign these free agents in 2022
- Sign Ryan Jensen, C – Bucs: 3 Years / $30 Million
- Sign DJ Chark Jr., WR – Jaguars: 3 Years / $40 Million
- Sign Marquez Valdes-Scantling, WR – Packers: 2 Years / $20 Million + Player Option in 2023
- Sign Terron Armstead, LT – Saints: 3 Years / $58 Million
- Sign Arden Key, DE – 49ers: 1 Year / $1 Million
- Sign Kyler Fackrell, OLB – Chargers: 1 Year / $1 Million
- Sign Sheldon Richardson, DT – Vikings: 1 Year / $3 Million
- Sign Nick Williams, DE – Lions: 1 Year / $2 Million
- Sign Kwon Alexander, ILB – Saints: 1 Year / $2 Million
- Sign Jason Verrett, CB – 49ers: 1 Year / $1 Million
- Sign Tom Compton, OT – 49ers: 1 Year / $2 Million
- Sign Dennis Kelly, OT – Packers: 1 Year / $1 Million
- Sign Geno Smith, QB – Seahawks: 1 Year / $1 Million
The Chicago Bears bolster the offensive line in a big way with two marquee offensive linemen free agents. Terron Armstead gives the Bears a proven high-level tackle to be a cornerstone of the offense for many years to come, as well as giving the Bears the flexibility to move Larry Borom to guard. Borom has always been viewed as a candidate to move to guard for me since the draft because of his smaller size. Ryan Jensen also fills a giant hole on the Bears’ offensive line.
DJ Chark and Marquez Valdes-Scantling are two players with tons of big-play ability and potential that would fit well in the Chicago Bears offense that struggled to find any separation at wideout all year. The connection between Valdes-Scanting and Luke Getsy could be something that could lead to the WR coming to Chicago. Valdes-Scantling was most definitely on pace for a payday if it weren’t for a frustrating 2021 season. Valdes-Scanting could be looking for a one-and-done deal to put him in line for a big payday in 2023.
Kwon Alexander could be a target for the Bears because Danny Trevathan has been less than impressive for the better part of the past two years, and Alexander would fit right at home in a 4-3 defense. Sheldon Richardson is also a very solid 3-tech and would help the depth of the defensive line in the long run. Kyler Fackrell and Arden Key also would provide good depth after we parted ways with Robert Quinn. Dennis Kelly and Tom Compton also provide great depth for a Bears team that struggled to stay healthy in 2022.