Chicago Bears quarterback Justin Fields reportedly dislocated his thumb in Week 6 and is unlikely to play in Week 7 against the Las Vegas Raiders.
Fields was replaced by undrafted rookie quarterback Tyson Bagent in Week 6. Field attempted to grip a football to come back in, but was unable to do so.
If he can’t go against the Raiders, Bagent and Nathan Peterman are the next men up on the depth chart for Chicago.
Justin Fields injury status for Week 7 game vs. Las Vegas Raiders
The Bears have already announced that Fields is doubtful to play in Week 7 against the Raiders. It’s possible that he is downgraded to out later in the week.
Best Chicago Bears prop bet if Justin Fields misses Week 7
Chicago Bears team total under 16.5 points
Last week, the Bears put up just 13 points against the Minnesota Vikings, scoring just one time after Fields exited the game.
I don’t have a ton of confidence in Bagent, who played in the FCS during his college career.
The Raiders quietly possess a top 10 defense in yards per play allowed this season, and the Bears also have injuries in their running back room with Khalil Herbert on injured reserve.
This is just a nightmare for Chicago, and I don’t think it scores much in Week 7.
If you’re considering tailing this prop pick, you should do so at DraftKings Sportsbook.
New users that sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 will instantly receive $200 in bonus bets!
Justin Fields injury history
Fields appeared in 15 games for the Bears last season, and he has not missed a game yet in 2023.
However, it looks like he will miss at least one week – if not more – with this thumb injury.
- Nov. 2021: Chest Rib Fracture
- Nov. 2021: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – missed Week 12
- Jan. 2023: Inguinal Hip Strain – missed Week 18
When is Justin Fields coming back?
While Fields is likely to miss Week 7, it’s possible that he could miss even more time than that.
The Bears don’t have a bye week until Week 13, so there’s a chance Fields could miss multiple games depending upon the severity of his thumb injury.
Chicago Bears next 5 opponents
- Los Angeles Chargers, Sunday, Oct. 29
- New Orleans Saints, Sunday, Nov. 5
- Carolina Panthers, Thursday, Nov. 9
- Detroit Lions, Sunday, Nov. 19
- Minnesota Vikings, Monday, Nov. 27
Chicago Bears injury report
- Eddie Jackson – questionable
- Justin Fields – doubtful
- Terell Smith – questionable
- Nate Davis – questionable
- Travis Homer – questionable
- Roschon Johnson – questionable
Las Vegas Raiders injury report
- Justin Herron – questionable
- Nate Hobbs – questionable
- Roderic Teamer – questionable
- Jimmy Garoppolo – questionable
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.