The Chicago Bears will likely be without running back Khalil Herbert for another week after he was activated to return from injured reserve this week.
Herbert’s practice window was opened, but he doesn’t appear to be ready to return from his ankle injury that he suffered in Week 5.
That means D’Onta Foreman and Roschon Johnson will lead the backfield for the Bears on Thursday Night Football against the Carolina Panthers.
Here’s the latest on Herbert, including which Bears running back to target tonight in the prop market.
Khalil Herbert injury status for Week 10 vs. Carolina Panthers.
The Bears have listed Herbert as questionable, but he reportedly will not play on Thursday night.
Best Chicago Bears prop bet with Khalil Herbert expected to miss Week 10
D’Onta Foreman anytime touchdown scorer
I love this prop for D’Onta Foreman, who will likely be the bell-cow back against the Bears with Herbert out.
Foreman has tallied just two scores on the ground this season, but he’s seen a ton of touches lately. He has 15, 16, nine, and 20 carries in his last four games and is averaging 4.4 yards per carry on the season.
He should lead the backfield against a weak Panthers defense that has allowed 14 rushing scores (second most in the NFL) this season.
If you’re considering betting on the Bears-Panthers matchup, you’ll want to take advantage of this offer from FanDuel Sportsbook for tonight!
New users that sign up tonight and wager $5 on the Bears-Panthers game will be eligible to receive $150 in bonus bets if their team wins!
Khalil Herbert injury history
Herbert missed four games last season with a hip injury, but he’s been relatively healthy for the Bears since getting drafted. He has been on injured reserve with an ankle injury the past four weeks.
- Nov. 2022: Inguinal Hip Strain – missed four games
- Oct. 2023: Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 – injured in Week 5
When is Khalil Herbert coming back?
Despite having his practice window activated this week, Herbert is not expected to return to action in Week 10. The short week may have made it tough for Herbert.
His next chance to play will come in Week 11 against the Detroit Lions.
Chicago Bears next 5 opponents
- Detroit Lions, Sunday, Nov. 19
- Minnesota Vikings, Monday, Nov. 27
- Detroit Lions, Sunday, Dec. 10
- Cleveland Browns, Sunday, Dec. 17
- Arizona Cardinals, Sunday, Dec. 24
Chicago Bears injury report
- Equanimeous St. Brown – questionable, hamstring
- Khalil Herbert – questionable, ankle
- Justin Fields – doubtful, right thumb
- Terell Smith – out, illness
- Tremaine Edmunds – out, knee
- Nate Davis – out, ankle
- Khari Blasingame – out, concussion
- Josh Blackwell – questionable, hamstring
Carolina Panthers injury report
- Vonn Bell – questionable, quad
- Brian Burns – out, elbow/concussion
- DJ Chark – doubtful, elbow
- Marquis Haynes – questionable, back
- C.J. Henderson – out, concussion
- Xavier Woods – questionable, thigh
- Stephen Sullivan – out, shoulder
- Laviska Shenault Jr. – out, ankle
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.