The Chicago Bears may be without their top running back in Week 6, as Khalil Herbert has not practiced this week after suffering an ankle injury in the team’s Week 5 win over the Washington Commanders.
Herbert’s injury occurred on Thursday Night Football, so he does have an extended amount of time off before Week 6 against Minnesota, but it’s going to be a tough turnaround for the young running back.
If Herbert can’t go, Roschon Johnson and D’Onta Foreman would likely be next up in the pecking order at running back.
Khalil Herbert injury status for Week 6 game vs. Minnesota Vikings
The Bears have not released an official status for Herbert as of Friday morning, but it’s likely he will be questionable at best for Week 6.
Best Chicago Bears prop bet if Khalil Herbert misses Week 6
Justin Fields anytime touchdown scorer
After rushing for eight scores last season, Justin Fields has just one rushing score in five games this season, but he’s still carried the ball 39 times.
With Herbert banged up and Johnson (concussion) far from a sure thing to go in this game, Fields may be the best option the Bears have on the ground. The team could also use Foreman, who has been a healthy scratch in recent weeks.
Minnesota blitzes at one of the highest rates in the NFL, so that could force Fields to scramble a little more than usual. Don’t be shocked if he runs one in this week.
If you’re considering tailing this prop pick, you should do so at DraftKings Sportsbook.
New users that sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 will instantly receiver $200 in bonus bets!
Khalil Herbert injury history
Herbert missed four games last season with a hip injury, but he’s been relatively healthy for the Bears since getting drafted.
- Nov. 2022: Inguinal Hip Strain – missed four games
- Oct. 2023: Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 – injured in Week 5
When is Khalil Herbert coming back?
Herbert was initially a candidate for injured reserve (which would knock him out for four games), but it appears the team won’t be placing him there. If that’s the case, he could return as soon as the team’s next game if he misses Week 6.
Chicago Bears next 5 opponents
- Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Oct. 22
- Los Angeles Chargers, Sunday, Oct. 29
- New Orleans Saints, Sunday, Nov. 5
- Carolina Panthers, Thursday, Nov. 9
- Detroit Lions, Sunday, Nov. 19
Chicago Bears injury report
- Kyler Gordon – Limited Thursday
- Eddie Jackson – Limited Thursday
- Cole Kmet – Limited Thursday
- Terell Smith – Limited Thursday
- Khalil Herbert – DNP Thursday
- Roschon Johnson – DNP Thursday
- Lucas Patrick – DNP Thursday
- Travis Homer – DNP Thursday
- Marcedes Lewis – DNP Thursday
- Equanimeous St. Brown – DNP Thursday
Minnesota Vikings injury report
- Jordan Addison – Limited Thursday
- Justin Jefferson – placed on IR
- Akayleb Evans – Limited Thursday
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.